Friday, October 13, 2006

This was my editorial for the last Church Newsletter I did here at work. That was this summer...the June issue...brides and all that stuff. Since I've never been one, I took a shot at writing about the experience I've gained from helping to plan one.....and here we go..... A girl dreams of her wedding But she hasn’t got a clue Of all of the things That she’ll have to do Search the world Find a mate Receive a ring Set a date Tell the family Search for a gown Make sure the pastor Will be in town Book reception hall Reserve the church And continue on The wedding gown search Meet with the caterer Taste the food Got to make sure The eats are good Pick the flowers Now don’t stress But keep on shopping For that wedding dress Decide on bridesmaids What they’ll wear Make a guest list Of who will be there Pick out the music And just who will sing Get a free jewelers cleaning On the big diamond ring Book a pianist Or a string quartet Had any luck Finding a wedding dress yet? Get to a bakery Order a cake Don’t forget to register For heaven’s sake Attend wedding showers With family and friends Make sure the guest book Is supplied with 2 pens Find a photographer Someone with style Who’s able to capture every smile Make honeymoon plans Someplace sunny will do Get something borrowed Something old, something blue The bride is exhausted From planning the day She asks one thing of the groom remember what to say When the pastors asks Say a simple “I Do” Put the ring on her finger Wedding Day Dream come true The day has dawned Church is filled as it can get Pastor says do you take this woman? Groom says, yeah, sure you bet.

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Great post girl. You have such a gift. I just love this blog ****. We can all stay close but on our on time.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Now, I’ve just read your whole blog and can’t decide,
Are you a great photographer
Or is it just Danny’s beautiful Ride?
Maybe it’s that new camera you have in hand,
Or maybe it’s the subjects that make the pics so grand.
Evonne gave me your Blog address a bit ago,
I couldn’t stop reading it,
But have got to get ready for our next show.
Hey, I clicked on a picture and it enlarged itself to boot.
These Blog spots are a really hoot!
Just couldn’t resist writing you cousin,
Even though comments on blogs are a dime a dozen.
Thanks for all the posting and for letting us share it.
This comment was posted by Grandpa Gerrit

Becky said...

Hey, great new pictures and update! I'm always checking in. :) Hope you're doing well!

Gina said...

I love your blog! It was fun to find your comment on mine, and no, I did not put Gramma's frosting on them. Dang, that would have been good. I will email you more pictures very soon, if I don't post them on my blog first.