Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Was at Death's Door....really

I got the flu last week...that turned into the plague. I got the stomach flu on Sunday, by Monday night, it was so bad, mother made me move in with them. Because of the diabetes, when I get it , it' s like getting hit by a truck. So, I moved into Hospital Hofwegen. A really nice hospice/bed and breakfast....but don't tell anybody. Dad doesn't want that getting around. I hid from Dalaynee for 2 days so that she wouldn't catch it, but she was finally allowed in the bedroom with me. And what a nurse she turned out to be. Who knew? She sang me my "favorite lullaby"...rock a bye Lauri, in the tree top. The word picture that creates is horrifying by the way. She would watch Elmo with me and she patted my leg an awful lot. What a dear girl. She just said to me on the phone a minute ago. "I so sad you not here anymore, Lauri, but I glad I was helped to make you all better." Florence Nightengale could not have said it better.

3 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Oh what a sweetie. And your own personal Hospital. Nice to have when when you are feeling so lousy. Glad to hear you are up and around again. I knew you were either sick or far far out of town cuz it had to be drastic for you not to comment on the VH blog pictures.

Becky said...

So sorry you were sick...what a bummer. Can you ask the chief at Hospital Hofwegen if I can stay next time I'm sick?

lauri said...

Beck: Dad said, if you're feeling poorly...come on down, he'll check you in!