Friday, September 07, 2007

Flower power

My office mate recieved flowers from her husband, so I photographed the buds. I could have lied and told you I got 'em.... Anywhooo...went to the new patients class for the bypass surgery. I was so wishing that one of my siblings or one of my cool cousins were with me, cuz, some of the others in that class were so weird! One lady (who had a really bad hair do, frizzy and stuff) expressed a concern to the doctor about losing her hair with such rapid weight loss...I thought, chick, have you looked in a mirror, it might be a good thing. I know, I'm terrible. So, it looks like my next thing to do is make an appt with a therapist and then go to a lecture meeting with the surgeon. After that they send a request to my insurance company to do it...and then they schedule it. Depending on what your insurance requires, that's how long you have to wait. So, who knows...it might be soon. Kinda scary, huh? I'll be thin at the next VH reunion...you people won't even recognize me...I'll wear a shirt with my name on it, so you'll know who I am! So, please continue to pray that all goes well and I'll keep you apprised of the sitch....

2 comments:

Corky and Kay said...

Good luck with the surgery. My boss had the surgery and she did ok. She has lots of other problems now ,like kidney stones and gallstones and diverticulitous. she always drank lots of protein drinks. So I dont know if that contributed to it.Wish you well. It is always a struggle with weight for me also. Try not to lose the weight to fast because my boss now has to have a tummy tuck because the skin hangs so long.Problem is she can't afford that so she has to wear a big girdle to hold her tummy in place etc. I know to much information. Hugs to you and good luck. Kay

Just us Belds said...

yeah!! I am so excited for you. Maybe I will send you flowers when you are done with your surgery! :)