Thursday, March 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Sam

It's Sam's birthday on Saturday. I remember when he was born, he would never smile much or react when we talked to him. Mom and I were afraid something was wrong with him. Turns out, our Samuel has just been blessed with the Van Hofwegen dry sense of humor, and he just didn't think we were entertaining at all. He had a pink tee shirt on the other day....I said, isn't that a little girly for you...he said, very dryly, apparently you don't know, Lauri, pink is the new black. That boy brings me joy. HB Sam Joe!

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! Hope you have a great Day.

Kryna said...

Happy Birthday boy! You taking your Aunt out for dinner or something?!?!

lauri said...

No way, the kid has no money...yet. After his birthday he'll be loaded. I can't be at his party on Saturday, but Jayne will bring my gift. I got him some of those marshmellow easter chicks...put a note on there that says, you're so good looking I got you 12 hot chicks to hang out with. I think he'll get a kick outta it.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Sam. Cute gift, Laur, hopefully he won't read this before his party! :)