Monday, April 23, 2007

ARGHHHH!!

I am considering having gastric bypass surgery. I finally found a doctor that would talk to me about it and she refered me to a doctor in Fountain Valley, about 1/2 hour drive. So, there I go for my first appt on Friday morning. It's pouring rain...very odd for So Cal, but there you have it. I get there, get in the office. I'm finally sitting in that claustiphopic little room with no windows and that stupid table with the stirrups on it. By this time I've invested at least 3 hours of a work day on this adventure. Dr. comes in, says, I'm sorry, I don't do this procedure, someone made a mistake. I showed him my referral paperwork and all that...he says, sorry and walks out. I was so frustrated/pissed off that I walked outta there before asking for my $25 co-pay back. My mom has told me before that she thinks I should write a book about this whole thing. I called her from the parking lot and said, I think I have a title..."How Do You Spell Gastric?" The nurse actually asked me that...should have been my first hint that I was in the wrong place...the only upside was that later that afternoon, as I was having a conversation with my youngest niece , out of the blue she says, " God has a plan for your life, Auntie Lauri, "nemember" that ok?" Something I really needed to hear on that day....so my journey continues..I will keep you posted.....

3 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

What a bummer. But I'm glad you found out before they started working on you.

Tim and Lanette said...

Hey Laur, I've got a big bear hug waiting for you. Just come and get it.

Becky said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Amazing how they know just when you need to hear something! Hoping you get somewhere with the whole deal soon.