Thursday, January 31, 2008

...a little on edge

I'm still trying to get an appointment for a stress test so that I can get this surgery off the ground, as it were. I keep calling, they say oh, yes, they will call me back..a week goes by. I just talked to them again..she (the lovely office assistant that I'd like to strangle in her sleep) says, can I reach you at this number in the next 15 minutes? Yup, say I, dubiosly believing that she will actually call. What a fool I've been...by the old clock on the wall, I can tell it's been 45 minutes now...and counting. I have a job...people to see...friends to ridicule..I don't have time to chase after this damn appointment! ARGH! Ok, thank you...I've vented...I'm gonna try and call again...everyone, get ready to cross your fingers...1....2...3...GO!

5 comments:

Just us Belds said...

oh my goodness, between you and my kids I could write a book on the frustrations of waiting for a call back from dr.s!!! be persistant and drive them crazy with calls and then you will hear from them!LOL

Gina said...

So did they call back??? Aaargh!!!! I don't know what's worse, waiting for a call back, or waiting for a dog to stop barking! :)

lauri said...

Ok, it's Friday, and I called them again and got put on hold for 10 minutes and then they said they'd call me back...and nothing!

Wubben World said...

NEVER give up - I always say!!
Good luck!

Becky said...

I can't see how this stress will be good for you as you get ready for a stress test. Is that their way of weeding out candidates? Good luck...press on, dear cousin, press on!