Friday, February 29, 2008

You Are Not Going to Believe This....

I get frustrated all over again, just writing about this, but here goes...so, I've been going through every medical tests known to man...and I was talking to the scheduler chick to get a date for my surgery. She was going to schedule it for March 17 and then said, oh wait a minute, I think the doctor is gonna require you to lose 50 pounds first. It seems that now, when you are as heavy as I am, they are requiring that you lose that weight because your liver is so enlarged and they are afriad there might be problems during the surgery. Well, damm. So, hopefully I will be able to go on something called Optifast which costs 130.00 a week and is a liquid diet. They are gonna find out if Insurance will cover the cost. All of my test results are good until July 2, so I have 4 months to lose 50 pounds. Yikes. So, pray for me dear people, I'm gonna need all the help I can get....and once again, we continue on....

5 comments:

Kryna said...

Wow, what is up with that? We will deffinately be keeping you in prayer.

Debra said...

Laur, Just hang in there. I had to lose weight before they did mine too, so its not unusual. Im just surprised they waited til now to tell you. I was told in the
1st consult. I'll pray for you that you are able to lose this weight. Don't get discouraged, because you are embarking on the greatest adventure of your life. You will one day say this was the best experience you ever went through. Maybe the hardest, but the best. People that have never had weight problems don't understand what its like. If you need to talk about it call me, I'd be happy to share my experiences with you. The waiting is the hardest part. Its been 4 years ago that I was waiting just like you are now. Just don't give up. Keep fighting for this.
~Debra

Tim and Lanette said...

I would be so upset. I think I would have told the little (no doubt skinny) secretary that if I had the history of losing 50 lbs. in 4 months I wouldn't be wanting the surgery would I?

Unknown said...

I've been wondering what has been going on with that...now I know. I agree with Lynette...do you want us to giver her a call??? What's her number?? :)

Becky said...

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAH! Okay, now I feel better!