Wednesday, May 21, 2008

a brush with greatness

Our senior pastor...and his son our pastor have a grandson and nephew that plays for the Utah Jazz. His name is Kyle Korver. His dad is a pastor at a Reformed church in Pella, IA.The Utah Jazz were in the playoffs with the Lakers last week, but they lost the last game last Friday. Bummer drag. But our local paper here interviewed our pastors...along with a picture of the family in the Lakers business office....this is us looking at the article on Sunday...kind of interesting....I always did like basketball....

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I too think it is VERY cool to see our pastors in the paper...but...Laur, you are a big liar...you never followed basket ball before!!!! =)

lauri said...

I used to play in grade school...I was the head guard of the Rock Rapids Raiders...and I also went to almost every game in high school...and I watch it once in a while...I like it better than football! ...so I ain't lyin!