Monday, October 15, 2007

The Gift Giver

Dalaynee has inherited the gift giving gene from Papa....she called me the other day and asked if I could come to her house because she had a surprise for me. Could I say no? No.
So, I drove up and she comes running out of the house with 2 packages wrapped in Christmas paper..."Close your eyes", she yells. And I do. Then I proceeded to open the presents. One of her books and a pig that snorts. The gifts are always something she finds in her room. One time I got a jacket and a rubber boot. Always given with pure joy and excitement. I gushed over the pig and the book....(I can gush with the best of them)......when I profusely thanked her she demurely smiled and said "It's my pleasure". And I really believe it was. It was a good day.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love this! Leah wanted to give one of her books to Lucas, but she couldn't pick which one. Finally, she picked one out, brought it to me to wrap, and said, "But you tell Auntie 'Net to give it back sometime, okay?" What a giver!

Unknown said...

oh man I just love the good days. Demure...that's a good word...a writer's paradise! Anyway, great story. Makes me miss my sweet Uncle Bill!

Becky said...

That's a great trait to inherit from Grandpa! :)