Friday, October 05, 2007

It's Not Just a Game...

...when your nephew is playing. Yesterday we all journeyed to Huntington Beach to watch Cal play football. He plays on the JV and they are 5-0. The score was 35-14. We won. It was a great day...Jeff and Jayne were able to come out. Combine that with the good news we got the day before about Jeff's condition and it was all good. Laynie made us yell, Go Calvin Go. Since Cal's team was playing Jeff's Alma Mater, he yelled Fall, Calvin, Fall. I thought it was rather interesting that Cal's number is 76. I told Danny and Sam that I graduated in 76 ya know...to which Danny replied "So" and Sam said "You graduated in 1776...that was the year our country got independance ya know" He's a wise acre, but he knows history at least, that makes me proud. We ended the day with chili and cornbread at Dan and Judy's house. Here's some pics...probably way too many, but we've never had a football player in the family before.....I know, I know, it's just a game.....
Dalaynee said, how can I know which one is Calvin? Shortly thereafter, he waved at her. Then she said, I am so glad I know which boy is Calvin now.

7 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

How cool is that. Go Cal! I think I have only been to one football game in my life. Pretty sorry, don't you think?

Gina said...

I think the only football game I have gone to I got hit in the head with the football...so I'm glad to hear that people have fun at these things. :) Looks like a great time, and I wish I could've joined you.

Kryna said...

What a ton of fun! That is the coolest that you go games and have somebody to root for. I love hearing the sounds of the games at Net's house. Did I mention you are a cool Aunt?!?

Jayne said...

Wow...looks like lotsa fun..hey, wait a minute, I was there...it was fun!!! By the way, my fav pic is the one of man & wife unibombers!!!! =)

Just us Belds said...

was it cold that day? why in the world are you unibombers so covered up? I didn't know that Cal played...good for him!

Jayne said...

It was a little breezy...but...I just put my hood on to take the picture...you know all too well what you do when Laur has her camera!!!! HA..HA..HA!!!

Unknown said...

Family is such a good gig. And Cal could kick my pituty.