Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Just Doing Good

At our church, we have a program where volunteers go on a Saturday to Compton, our city neighbor, and clean up houses, schools and churches. Everytime we do this we have about 300-400 volunteers. I have to make flyers and bulletin inserts etc, and wanted some good pictures to use for that stuff, so I rode along with a friend of mine from site to site. Granted, I had to wake up early on a Saturday, but it was worth it. Here are some of what I took....
This is a Bible church. It used to be a funeral home. It was a really old building, needed a lot of work....
This was in an old ladies backyard. The weeds had grown over the telephone lines!
These were some roses I took at a grade school we worked on. While I was taking them, I stepped in a hole in the grass and fell flat on the ground. Not a good thing. I'm still sore! It was a good day though.....

2 comments:

TiMgIlMaN said...

Nice pics....did you happen to get a photo of your fall? Because that would be priceless.

Just us Belds said...

great pic's Laur..sorry about the fall, roses look great at least you didn't land on one!