Tuesday, September 30, 2008

and here's the latest on the surgery....

Last Sunday, i get a message from the surgeons office..."lauri, are you still interested in the surgery"! Idiots. I called them back and said yes, but I'm trying to lose 50 pounds! So on Monday I spoke to another lady who said, well, you don't weigh over 500 pounds do you? I looked down and said, uh no, I don't. She says, ok, with your BMI(mass body index) you would probably have to lose about 15-20 and then we could get your surgery done. WHAT!?! So, long story short, and less cussing, I have an appt with the surgeon on Thursday. They gave me a website for a liquid diet, which I sent for already, cuz it's way more affordable...and then hopefully we will get this show on the road! I keep wondering what God wants me to learn here, I can't figure it out. But I hope I've learned it cuz I am ready to get this done already! I'll let you know what happens after Thursday.....keep praying!

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Hope it all turns out good for you on Thursday. Sure would be great if you could get this over with. Praying for you.

Annette B. said...

We're praying with you! That sounds like great news...hope the 15-20 lbs come off easily!

Unknown said...

Will be praying too cuz!! I hope all goes smoothly!!

Corky and Kay said...

Keep plugging away. You will get there.