Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quite the weekend....

Well, it started darn early, I'll have you know. Our church went on another Compton workday. The coordinator asked me to be here at 6 a.m. to take pictures of the loading of the trucks etc. Jayne is kind of her volunteer assistant, so she had to be here at 5. I took Sam along to help take pictures and Dalaynee wanted to go if Sam was going, so they both stayed "over the night" at Mom's and I picked them up (bright eyed and bushy tailed) at 5:30 a.m. We drove to 7 different sites (there were 31 altogether) and took shots of people working etc. Sam was a little nervos cuz we took my car and red is a Crip gang color, who knew. We survived. Then I took a group shot with the home owner. Laynee thought she should probably be in every shot...so here's a bunch of Emmanuelights, a Compton resident, and Dalaynee Jo sitting in the front row. On Sunday I went to all the services (3 of them) and took pictures because we welcomed 21 new partners in mission and about 10 kids from our Life Hurts, God Heals (a Celebrate Recovery for teens) were baptized. It was a great day...but somewhere, somehow, I want triple-credit for time served or something, cuz 3 sermons in one day is 2 too many! I took over 500 pics in the weekend...so for this photography nut, it was a good time!
All the folks in the church parking lot....I think we had 1200 volunteers altogether!See what I mean? She had to be right in the front row....When I brought Sam home...Coco wanted to hitch a ride....you can see we have the same haircut

2 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Good for you, extra points, a ribbon and a tiara are in order I do believe. That’s a lot of photos to have to sort and photo shop. Have fun.

Becky said...

Lauri, love that last photo! How fun for you to hang out shooting photos all weekend while everyone else was working...ha! Someones gotta do it, it might as well be you..and I know, you were working too!! Good luck with the liquid diet...what a crazy deal!