Wednesday, September 24, 2008

D and D

Dalaynee has a great little dog tradition already. When she comes home from school she runs to the back door to let Dayzee in. She puts her hand on the door knob and says to Jayne, "mama, get ready for the exciting part". Then she lets in the dog which proceeds to lick her from head to toe...and she loves every minute of it. So many people ask me how she is doing after losing Jeff etc. I think she is doin ok, we're hopefully handling everything right. One night when she was spending time with me in my office while Jayne went to a meeting, one of my co-workers came in. Laynee said, "hey, did you know my dad died?" When my friend said yes and we miss him, Laynee said, "well we would rather he lived with Jesus so he can be all better and if he lived with us, he would have to be sick some more". My friend asked her what she thought he was doing in heaven with Jesus...."well, said my dear niece, "I think he is fishing and watching fireworks and watching me at my dance receital". Sounds about right to me.

3 comments:

Just us Belds said...

that is so sweet. The dog is a great friend for her, good choice Jayne!

Becky said...

Okay, thanks for making me cry. She's got a way with words, dear cousin! Sounds like whatever you all are doing to help her through this you're doing it right!

Unknown said...

Precious....oh so precious!! You need to journal those things for sure!