Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I love my nephews

Cal broke his hand in football the other day. He's outta football for 6 weeks and has a cast up to his elbow. However, on a lighter note, he does have a date for homecoming. He won't be able to put his arm around her without possibly giving her a concussion, but hey a date is a date, right? Last weekend, when Cal wasn't there, we squeezed the information out of Samuel. He made us swear to secrecy. Then that night, when we met for dinner for the birthdays, Sam slid in next to me and said, don't say anything about the girl, but he might tell you about it anyway, but don't let on that you heard anything from me. So, being the sneaky and manipulative aunt that I am, I grabbed Cal's cell phone and started going through the address book...asking him about several girl's name listed...were they friends, something more, didja ever kiss her etc. Finally, I got to the S's. There it was, the name I was looking for...I said, Cal, what about this Sara chick? His face got all red. Well, actually, he says, I just asked her to homecoming. The table erupted with shock and suprise (just like Sam wanted us to)...I looked over at Sam....he was smiling, just a little bit. Typical Van Hofwegen. So, anyway, Calvin Daniel has a date...and a cast for his first homecoming....life is good, huh?

3 comments:

Kryna said...

Not bad! I can't wait for about 15 more years and I can try that on James...

Becky said...

What are little brothers for, right?!? That's a great story and congrats to Calvin, the cast may just work to his advantage!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Those nephews are lucky to have an aunt like you. Not everyone has one that they can share everything with.