Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yup, it's the big five-oh

Yikes, it's true. I'm 50. I don't feel that old, however old that feels. It was a lovely weekend. Mine was on Sunday, mother's on Monday. She baked cinammon rolls, really she did, and all the Elgersma cousins came over and we chowed down. When they sang happy birthday laur, someone said, we wish you many more, don't go out that door, be glad you're not 54...then Danny says "aren't you glad you're not a wh___" Rhyme it out people. Suffice to say, my little brother is an idiot. I'll have to come up with a good rhyme for Danny before October 9. On Sunday, I tried to keep the HB on the down low...and then my friend Theresa announced to all those standing around me at church that it was my birthday...and again with the singing. Very embarrassing. Then at work on Monday, there were signs all over and many well-wishers stopped ..all in all tho, it was kind of fun...thank goodness i have a whole year before I have to suffer through that again...and Happy Birthday to Nate Heilkema, who celebrated his day on Saturday! Us September folks are special ya know...

10 comments:

Just us Belds said...

I am such a looser,,,Happy Belated 50 Laur! Wish you all the best!!

Gina said...

Hey, girl...Happy Birthday! I even had it written on my calendar, but never quite made it to the computer to chime in on the festivities. You September people ARE special...it's Mike's birthday today! :)

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great day!!! We talked about you, wishing you a happy birthday but I was sure it was 49!! Doesn't that make you feel better? :) Hope it was happy nonetheless!!
Love ya

Kryna said...

Ooops a little late, but Happy Birthday!

Corky and Kay said...

Happy day to you. Wished I was just that age still.

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a grand time!

I am sure you will find a way to get back at your bro for that rhyme!! Cant wait to hear how you do it!!

lauri said...

Thank you one and all...I'll take the 49, Kath...and hold on to it like a dog with a bone...

lauri said...

...and Lis, you are not a loser...I'd tell you if you were!

Becky said...

HB Laura Kay!!! So glad you were showered with songs and rhymes over and over again!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Happy Birthday Kiddo. I'm a September also, and of course we are special.
You will never be as old as I am so that should make you feel very young.